Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sumulong Highway: Just a Neighborhood Walk

I've lived in Antipolo for 20 years. This highway is familiar to all who live there. Yes, believe it or not, this is a highway, consisting of only two lanes which doesn't seem much. Yet, the volume of traffic here does have its usual rush hour peaks. This is Sumulong Highway, a few meters from where I live, just outside of the subdivision. It is a Sunday morning and I saw it as the perfect time to take a picture of it. These vehicles headed my way are heading towards Antipolo proper. There are many establishments and factories here. See those coconut trees across the road? Behind those trees is Otto Shoes Factory and Factory Outlet. When you live in this area, buying a good pair of shoes is just a matter of crossing the highway.



Turning 180 degrees to my right, this is the opposite side of the picture I've taken earlier. That jeep is heading towards Marikina City. Sumulong Highway connects Antipolo to Marikina. Across the street, you can see a typical sari-sari store, which is also a canteen. You could also see a view of the mountains from here. Let's see if we could capture it.

Well, I did try! I was trying to get a closer view of the blue skies and the mountains. It was a beautiful day that morning. It wasn't hot nor cold. These clear blue skies are a welcoming sight.

Traveling along Sumulong Highway, you could see a beautiful view of the Metro Manila. From where I was standing, it was quite difficult because a lot of subdivisions have been developed along this busy Antipolo highway: Valley Golf, Kingsville, La Colina, and Francisville to name a few. This picture was taken from the highway, from the entrance of a subdivision. And there are the blue skies again.

My focus was literally on the road or highway itself. This is where I usually take a ride towards another highway that's even busier than the one you've just seen. This highway intersects Sumulong and that area forms a commercial junction. More on this when we get to that junction. This is the starting point of a neighborhood walk. For now, let's take ride...yes, on the jeep that you saw earlier, going to Marikina. We're gonna commute and you'll join me, the Antipolo commuter. Now let's hurry and cross the street, but watch both sides first!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. free online digital coupons

    ReplyDelete