Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Commuter Goes to Bacolod: The Road Trip

Municipal Hall at Isabela, Negros Occidental
This is my first trip to my dad's province in Isabela, Negros Occidental. Here I showcase all the pictures I took on a road trip from Bacolod City to Isabela and back. The two-hour (seemed like more actually) ride to Isabela gave me the opportunity to see the beautiful landscape, mountains, and the simple, pollution-free life. Hope you could enjoy the ride with me.

Capture it! Rows and rows of sugarcane plants along the road to Isabela
The green and beautiful mountains of Mt. Kanlaon taken from the family's mausoleum in Isabela
The Family Mausoleum
The Pieta sculpture, the centerpiece of the mausoleum
Paying respects: my great-grandfather, and grandfather's tomb.
Back on the road, capturing the Municipal hall of La Castellana--the park and garden landscape is relaxing and peaceful
Mango trees! Who says Negros only has sugarcane?
Our ultimate destination on the road trip--BISCOM...
...Binalbagan-Isabela Sugar Company

 The office of the sugar central 

I captured this and asked myself, is this really a school? Quite obscure in appearance as compared to colleges in cities


After lunch, I felt sleepy already. I got to my cousin's house and fell on the bed, slept throughout the day. I wasn't able to go out with my cousins anymore. The long trip was tiring...but it was refreshing! In fact, too refreshing that I had a good long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment