Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Commuter in Austria: Serenity at Millstatt

In this third of the series in Austria, my friends and I were taken to Millstatt. Still in coordination with the activities of the Internationaler Chorwettbewerb, we were asked to sing at a Sunday mass in Obermillstatt. After that, we were taken by bus to Millstatt, where we would sing in a friendship concert at the Castle of the Knights of St. George.


Capture it! The scenic mountain side on the road to Millstatt. I was in a bus when I took this picture.
This is our first destination: Obermillstatt. We were asked to sing for a Sunday Mass.

Signs that tell you the location of establishments in town. This was just outside the church.

The church's steeple, taken while walking towards the church. The road was kinda uphill.





Th interior of the church of Obermillstatt
The altarpiece
Scenic views of Millstatter See (Lake)
The trees, the mountains, the lake, are all contained in this beautiful scenic view from the bus ride

This was our ultimate destination. This was where the choir groups sang in a friendship concert. This is the former castle of the Knights of St. George.
After the concert, we headed towards the park. These flowers were adorable, especially...
...when these tiny little bumble bees came along and pollinated. They were quite difficult to capture because they'd hop from one flower to the next quite fast. But they are so cute!
A stage and concert platform at the park
Across the lake from the park, I saw what looks to me like a group of houses. I asked myself if this could be a little village by the lake or another town. Whatever it is, they simply looked serene, simple, and quite a relaxing sight. I hope it truly is.
And here I am, just looking out the lake wondering what was going on back home. I think there are people by the pier relaxing too. This place is really a change from a buzzing city life.

I could only think of one word to describe my trip to Millstatt--serenity. I could use serenity right now. I've had a busy week and the coming weeks would be just as busy. At work, you'd rarely have the time for yourself, to simply take a breather and relax. I'd do that over the weekend, but it's simply a time off from work. You wouldn't get to do other things simply because you are tired and you feel like doing nothing at all. That's why when I look at this place and see all the wonderful pictures I've taken, I'm wondering if I'll ever get the chance to come to a place like this, go around, do the things I'd like to do (like singing in this case) and simply be worry-free, at peace--serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment