Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Commuter Goes to Bacolod: Bacolod Public Plaza

It was my first time to go to my dad's province, Bacolod City. I was excited and rearing to go that one February afternoon. In any place that I go to, I make it a point to take pictures of sights and places worth seeing. Not only because I wanted souvenirs, but because I know my vacation would be incomplete if I don't get to go sightseeing. So in this first of a series of blogs on Bacolod, I'd like to take you on a short trip at the Public Plaza.

This is the center of the public park. It looks like some sort of bandstand. Perhaps it could be a venue for concerts and stuff. There are lots of people in the park, most of them sitting around on benches. Of course, I didn't spend all my time snapping away at everything I see. I walked around and took some shots of some buildings that encircle the plaza.
This all-blue building seemed fascinating to me. After all, I don't always get to see a building that's colored blue. Also, it wasn't that dirty-looking compared to some buildings in Manila. I guess that's what's about being in a provincial city--less pollution and less traffic. This is La Consolacion College. It's just across the street from the plaza. I think some of my relatives have gone to this school.

Beside the college is the San Sebastian Cathedral. I have other pictures of the interior of this church. I'll being showing them on my next blog. This was taken from across the street, Rizal Street. Finally, let's follow the direction of these public transports that you see in this picture.
Bacolod's very own SM City. Should you decide to go straight along Rizal St., this is where you'll end up. It is built on a reclaimed area by the sea coast. It seems that SM properties has a thing for building their malls on reclaimed areas (like Mall of Asia).

See you next time when we explore other sights during my one-week vacation in Bacolod City.

No comments:

Post a Comment