Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Commuter In Austria: The Train Ride to Spittal an der Drau

In one of those rare occasions that I get to go out of the country, this blog shows snapshots I took on a train ride to Spittal an der Drau. To know more about this town, you may check out this link. I came to Spittal together with the choir, Novo Concertante Manila. This trip was taken in 2009. It was truly a wonderful experience for me that two years later, I really couldn't forget the places I've been, the people I've met, the walks to the park, to the castle, to the auditorium, to the mall... I said to myself that I would write about this trip in a journal so that I could read and reminisce those happy days. Sadly, I never got around to it...until now! As a commuter who appreciates the walks, the rides and the sightseeing, here is the first of three parts about my trip to Spittal an der Drau, Austria.

Experimental snapshot: The train was just leaving the platform. I was trying to get a shot without the flash to see if it would be clear. Apparently so...not for the glass window of the train though. So we are off to Spittal an der Drau. 

I captured this thinking if it is actually a small town or village. It actually is a refreshing sight. If I'm going on a trip away from home, I might as well capture something I don't see everyday. This definitely fits that category!
Lush greens; full, dark mountains, set against a cloudy sky
Clouds covering the snow-capped mountain peaks
Rocky mountainsides, with a corpus of bushes and trees
I think this is a river, the name of which I never really got to find out. Bodies of water such as these makes me feel relaxed.
When I saw the river turn into a corner like it's coming or going in between mountain slopes, I knew I had to capture this. I don't get to see something like this often.
Following the same river as it flows under the bridge
Hmm...I really have no idea what this is. But it's amazing that I got the snapshot on a moving train. My camera wasn't really that good with moving shots.
This is a hotel in Salzburg: Stieglbrau Hotel
Here is our stop! From here, the choir will be taken to our designated hotel. More on this on my next blog...
The train ride started from Munich, Germany. I forget how long the train ride was, but according to a resource I gathered (the distance calculator over the Internet), the distance between Munich, Germany and Spittal an der Drau, Austria is 207 km. Moving on, I was also conserving the camera's SD card capacity. So that ends the train ride. In the second part, I will reminisce the sights and sceneries of Spittal an der Drau.

No comments:

Post a Comment